This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I would like to know how to do the stock take in odoo8?  Or is there Stock Take module?

I know I can export all products to csv file. But how about the current stock balance for each products?

Also, after I import the physical stock take qty, is there any stock variant report I can print?

thanks!

Emily

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks!

Discard

the virtual Inventory Loss location name is confusing; it has nothing to do with the accounting; it is just a "bizarre" naming created by Odoo. This virtual location is just here because Odoo decided that any stock movement gives rise to a double entry record. This virtual location does not belong to the accounting trial balance

Best Answer

Hi,, You can use Inventory Adjustments for updating your initial stock, here is how you can do this:-

Create all the products for which you want to keep the stock (as stockable products). Once the required products in stock have been defined, use an initial inventory operation to put the current quantities into the system by location. Go to the menu Warehouse > Inventory Control > Inventory Adjustments to enter your initial inventory.

Give it a name (for example Initial Inventory) and select the stock location for your inventory. Note that when you select a parent location (such as Stock, which might be split into sublocations), you can also select the sub (or child) locations. You can choose between making an initial inventory for All products in that location, or for one product only. In this case, we choose the All products option. If you need your stock valuation to be done in a different period than the one that will be selected by default according to the inventory end date, enter the corresponding accounting period in the Force Valuation Period field.

In case of the initial inventory that is drawn up when you start in Odoo, no stock is available yet. Click the Start Inventory button and add each product by clicking the Add an item link. Select the corresponding stock location if it differs from the default one. Add the Real Quantity that you have in your stock for each product.

Click the Validate Inventory button to confirm the initial inventory and post it.

On the Inventory Adjustments tab, notice that the Source Location is automatically set to the virtual Inventory Loss location. Odoo always needs a source location and a destination location.

Refer this link : Initial inventory update

Hope this helps...

Discard
Author

About Accounting? For example, if I issue the inventory adjustment with virtual Inventory Loss, how can I post the loss value in Accounting?