This question has been flagged

I'm trying to get started in Odoo and I'm not sure if I'd be able to do the following:

I want to create a product, for example a pen, with the following attributes: 

- Colors (blue, red, black...)
- Printing (No printing, 1 ink printing, 2 inks printing...)

I want that when a salesperson gets an order, for example: 

100 - Pens - Red color - Without printing

I want that somewhere it tells me that I have to order this material.

On the other side, if it needs printing:

100 - Pens - Red color - 1 ink printing

I want it to tell me to order this material, but also that it creates a manufacturing order as the product needs to be printed as well. Thank you!

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

You can create a Product Pen and define its variants as shown in the below image,

Now if you search the product variants, you can see  the different combinations

Now you can define the Bill of materials for each combination.

Then Once the Salesperson place the order in sales and if you want to get a manufacturing order automatically once the order gets confirmed, please go through this blog which explains the same in detail:  How to Create Manufacturing Order from Sales Order

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi, thank you for your reply. 

I have done all the steps you've told me to, but I've found the following problems:

- If the pen doesn't need to be printed, then I don't want to create a manufacturing order as it would only require us to order the product as it is. We don't need to do any manufacturing. 

- Also I need to create a purchase order (even if the pen needs to be printed or not).

- Odoo doesn't allow that the materials needed for manufacturing the pen (the one that needs to be printed) are the actual pens and ink. 

The only way that I could think of to solve this is a lot of hard work:

Creating a product ('PEN') with the only attribute of color... And then creating a different product ('PEN - WITH PRINTING') with the attributes of printing (1 ink, 2 inks...), so then to the list of materials I can add the PEN and the INK. 

But still, I was wondering if there's any easier way so that when having the attributes of color and printing in one product; when there's no printing required it just gives a purchase order, and when printing needs to be done, it creates a purchase order and also a manufacturing order. Thanks!

Discard