Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

stock move with serial-numbers fails

Martin Neumann
on 10/13/15, 3:44 AM 583 views

I know how to make a stock move for a certain product from one internal stock to another.I also know how to assign a serial-number to a product.

Now we are having products with serial-numbers. When i want to move those from one internal stock to another internal stock by using warehouse->stock moves -> new, i always get a warning/error-message telling me, that i have to assign a serial-number to the product i want to move (but i already assigned this number to the product, when purchasing it as it was delivered - this number is also displayed in Odoo).

But in the stock-move-site there is no field where i can chose the serial-number. Does anyone know the trick or a workaround?

Martin Neumann
On 10/13/15, 1:54 PM

Dear Eric,

that solved my problem. Thanks a lot for your help!

Eric Decock
On 10/13/15, 4:24 AM

The serial no is displayed during stock operation when the status is 'Ready to transfer'.

Go to >Warehouse>All operations and create a new internal transfer.

Encode a partner and the product item you want to move

Click on 'Save', then on 'Mark as todo'

Click on 'Check availability' or 'Force availability'

Your stock move is now with status 'Ready to transfer'

Now click on 'Transfer'

The system displays transfer details with products to move.

Serial No is displayed on each row (last column) and can be edited if necessary.

Hope this will help you...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 10/13/15, 3:44 AM
Seen: 583 times
Last updated: 10/13/15, 1:54 PM