Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

stock journal in openerp 7

By
mid123
on 5/24/13, 3:02 AM 4,090 views

Does anybody know what is the use of stock 'stock_journal_id' in incoming shipment

eLBati
On 5/28/13, 8:04 AM

AFAIK it is only used for reporting purposes

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 4/10/14, 1:43 PM

It is not only for "reporting purposes"; this journal is creating accounting entries in the stock accounts! And I have no ideas about which settings that are triggering those entries. For instance - with my configuration which is certainly FAR FROM OPTIMUM - a POS transaction (a sale) is creating 6 accounting entries on stock accounts

Does any one have a precise and complete understanding of the stock journal in liaison with the specific settings of product categories?

Some scenario - from basic to more complete ones - with full explanations related to default accounting settings (warehouse, product categories etc...) would be absolutely helpful

stock_journal_id refers to a different type of journal than the accounting journal. The Stock Journal can be defaulted on the warehouse location settings.

Brett Lehrer
on 4/10/14, 1:49 PM

As benos20 said, you are talking about account.journal

eLBati
on 4/11/14, 7:50 AM

Koffi KPONOUGLO

--Koffi KPONOUGLO--
| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo
--Koffi KPONOUGLO--

Koffi KPONOUGLO

Koffi KPONOUGLO
On 4/10/14, 4:13 PM

you are not talking about the same things. We have two stock journal in openerp but it concern two different models

@ Lorenzo Battistini you are talking about stock.journal

@ Ad Libitom you are talking about account.journal model

i will try to understand the relation between them and explain it to you tomorrow.

Hi benos20: did you found some spare time to explain the roles and relations (if any) between the 2 "stock journals". This would help me and probably a bunch of others.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 5/28/14, 5:42 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/24/13, 3:02 AM
Seen: 4090 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM