This question has been flagged
1 Reply
Author Best Answer

Hardware setup

A Magtek Dynamag magstripe (ie. card swiper) encrypted with certificates is required. Odoo 9 POS does not integrate with EMV readers (ie. chip-based cards).
More information: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/point_of_sale/posbox/index.html

Payment processor

A MercuryPay account (www.mercurypay.com) is required to accept credit card payments in Odoo 9 POS with an integrated card reader. MercuryPay only operates with US and Canadian banks making this procedure only suitable for North American businesses. An alternative to an integrated card reader is to work with a standalone card reader, copy the transaction total from the Odoo POS screen into the card reader, and record the transaction in Odoo POS. This is reasonable as it only adds a burden of a few keystrokes per transaction.

Software installation

i2-settings.png

i3-browse-apps.png

i4-install-module.png

Software configuration

s2-pos-app.png

s3-mercury-menu.png

s4-mercury-record.png

s5-mercury-config.png

s6-payment-methods.png

s7-create-method.png

s10-pos-list.png

s11-add-method.png

s12-select-method.png

s13-pos-save.png

Usage

u2-pos-app.png

u3-new-session.png

u4-select-products.png

Discard

Cool post, thanks!

Yes thank you.

I have a few questions:

1. Has there been any action taken to try and accept EMV hardware in POS?

2. Is it possible to key-in a credit card number using the MercuryPay POS method, or do the cards need to be swiped?

3. How about porting the Mercurypay POS credit card processing to the backend so that sales agents could also process credit cards as regular customer payments against Sales Orders and/or Invoices?

Author

1. No

2. No, card needs to be present.

3. It is possible, you can use MercuryPay as a processor behind Authorize.net which is available in the backend and for the ecommerce.

too much informatics post thanks...

Hey Fabrice,

"3. It is possible, you can use MercuryPay as a processor behind Authorize.net which is available in the backend and for the ecommerce."

Can you elaborate on that? I tried but was not able to do it. Using Odoo 11 enterprise.

Author

Islamic Relief Canada: You need to contact Mercury (aka. Vantiv, aka. Worldpay) to start a plan with them; if you tell them that you intend to use them as a processor with Authorize.net as the gateway they will hook you up and are able to create an Authorize.net account for you. Once you have that account, install the authorize.net module in your Odoo and use those credentials.