Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Step by step guide on creating a new payment method for the POS.

Haiekal Awwabin
on 12/10/13, 2:43 AM 4,694 views

Hi guys,

I have a problem creating a new payment method. I created a payment method, Credit Card , and checked the "POS payment method" box. But payment method Credit Card does not appear in the POS. Any idea what is the problem or did I miss a step or so?

David Birchmier
On 12/28/14, 5:26 PM

After you follow the steps above:

Go to Point-Of-Sale -> Configuration -> Point-of-Sale
Edit the POS and under Available payment methods, click Add and check the payment methods you need.

Then you also need to go to "Point of Sales" and modify the location to add the payment method there. This screenshow shows how to do this:

Hope this helps out! 

On 1/25/16, 6:27 AM

In order to create a Payment Method is POS in Odoo 8, the following steps needs to be followed :-

• First thing which is required is to be done is to create a ACCOUNT, by following ACCOUNTING>CONFIGURATION>ACCOUNTS. We can either copy any exiting account or create a new one depending on the requirement

• After creating an account, we need to create a JOURNAL, which is in turn a PAYMENT METHOD for our Point Of Sales. During this journal creation we would assign the account created by us in the previous step. The Journal can be created either following POINT OF SALES>CONFIGURATION>PAYMENT METHOD Or ACCOUNTING>CONFIGURATION>JOURNALS

• Now once the Payment Method is created as described above, we need to add the new Payment Method to the Point Of Sales by following, POINT OF SALES>CONFIGURATION>POINT OF SALES. Here we need add the new payment method under “AVAILABLE PAYMENT METHODS”

Now we can use the payment method created.

Hope it helps!

Thierry Godin

--Thierry Godin--
| 8 7 8
Collegien, France
--Thierry Godin--

Thierry Godin
On 12/10/13, 4:45 AM

Go to Point-Of-Sale -> Configuration -> Point-of-Sale

Edit the POS and under Available paiement methods, click Add and check the paiement methods you need.

Be carefull to select paiement methods owned by the same company (in case you have several POS/companies)

This doesn't work for me. Do I have to be a paying user to make it work?

Arthur Serkis
on 10/3/14, 9:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 12/10/13, 2:43 AM
Seen: 4694 times
Last updated: 1/25/16, 6:27 AM