Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Standardization of (issue) IDs

By
Fabien MAHUT
on 7/8/14, 10:29 AM 653 views

Hi everyone,

This concerns the "Project" application.

How could I choose the ID of an issue when it is created, according to other fields (as author, date, etc.) ? For instance an ID as following : I_"date"_"author"_"differenciation number".

First researches :

In the object "project.issue", there is an existing field "id". I plan to create a new field : "x_sid" which would be created after several parameters and monitored afterwards. I bet I could use a method to create this new ID, and I searched in the documentation in that aim, but all I found was about creating apps or modules, which seems not to be the real requirement.

I bet this is about writing a little of Python code, but where and how ?

Thanks a lot

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/8/14, 10:29 AM
Seen: 653 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM