Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

ssl in openerp7 without apache

By
Stefan Kelemen
on 9/11/14, 9:39 AM 701 views

Hi,

i tried openerp7 and all would be fine. But i dont fnd an solution  to make the service available with ssl. I find some thing on google with installations in apache, but the openerp7 provide his own python webservice. How to use Openerp with SSL.

regards Stefan

Stefan Kelemen
On 9/14/14, 7:51 AM

Thank you for this answer.

Is this only my feeling, that is a companycrtitical Webapplication without Transport encrytion a nogo in these days?

In my Company all Infrastructure Components are transport encrypted, without dont receive the ok from our IT-Security and Architects.

It it planed to implement SSL in OpenERP / Odoo in this or next Version?

regards

Stefan

Kit Sunde
On 9/11/14, 5:02 PM

Odoo implements HTTP but cannot do SSL termination on its own. You must terminate it somwehere else which commonly is done with Apache or Nginx and then proxy forward the request to Odoo.

Michel Hugues
On 9/11/14, 11:44 AM

Nginx is a very good choice for HTTPS.

Here's a first track to follow:

http://www.schenkels.nl/2013/01/reverse-ssl-proxy-using-nginx-with-openerp-v7/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/11/14, 9:39 AM
Seen: 701 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM