Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Splitting Purchases Into Two Separate Modules

Alex Gallien
on 7/10/14, 4:51 PM 295 views

I have reached a kind of conundrum in planning my ERP system. I want to use OpenERP to keep track of manufacturing processes, as well as  internal purchases (office supplies, packing materials, etc). This is for a plating company, where unprocessed parts are recieved from their customers to plate, which are then sent back to the customer. Currently when I create a sales order, it generates a purchase order with the unprocessed parts that has to be recieved for the parts to be entered into the system to be used in a Manufacturing Order. However the purchases module is also being used for internal purchases. Is it possible to split the purchases module into two sections - recieving and purchasing? With my current knowledge of the system this seems like it may not work well. Any advice?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/10/14, 4:51 PM
Seen: 295 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM