Odoo Help

Splitting Purchases Into Two Separate Modules

By
Alex Gallien
on 7/10/14, 4:51 PM 427 views

I have reached a kind of conundrum in planning my ERP system. I want to use OpenERP to keep track of manufacturing processes, as well as  internal purchases (office supplies, packing materials, etc). This is for a plating company, where unprocessed parts are recieved from their customers to plate, which are then sent back to the customer. Currently when I create a sales order, it generates a purchase order with the unprocessed parts that has to be recieved for the parts to be entered into the system to be used in a Manufacturing Order. However the purchases module is also being used for internal purchases. Is it possible to split the purchases module into two sections - recieving and purchasing? With my current knowledge of the system this seems like it may not work well. Any advice?

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/10/14, 4:51 PM
Seen: 427 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM