This question has been flagged

Hello,

I have been struggeling with a particular challange for a while now and I hope someone could help me in the right direction.

We want to create a purchase order that has just one line with a product called "bulk". We do not know in detail what will be shipped by the supplier.

After a purchase order is created all the products go to input > Quality Control.
There will be several steps from this point on:

1. Quality control checks the products and if the products are not ok they will scrap the products or the will be an RMA request.

2. A list of the products that have been checked and approved by quality will go to the purchase department where the products will be given a value. If they have too many products of a certain type in stock or if there is not enough demand for the product then they will send a message to quality that the product can be scrapped.

3. The list will go back to quality. They will scrap the products that purchase put on the list and send the correct products to different shelves in the stock location.

There are some issues I keep running into:

1. Once a purchase order is confirmed, it cannot be changed any more.

2. When sending products from quality to the warehouse I can only provide one destination location. (While I want to send the products to different shelves.)

3. The same goes for the source location.

4. When I set the source location to Quality and transfer the products to stock, then quality will get a backorder for those products.

5. What should I do with the bulk product on the order. This should actually be removed once the actual products have been created.

6. I need to send the product lines with the actual products back to purchase.

I hope someone could tell me what would be the best approach to solve this challenge.

Best regards,

Johan  

Discard
Best Answer

We have done this for one of our clients using v7, the approach was the following:

1- A purchase order is generated and marked that needs quality supervision

2- When the products are received they are send to a quality location in the warehouse, all of them are received in the quality location

3- Several Quality controls could be done for the products in the quality location. Every quality control need to specify the amount of product that are ok and the amount that are bad, the ok amount is used to move it to stock, the bad amount to scrap the products, the rest of the products in the quality location are left there for more quality control. All of this was done with serial numbers and production lots traceability taked into account

4- Once the products are in the stock then you could use it for what you need, sale, rent, borrow, consume, produce others, etc

Don't know if this workflow helps you

Discard
Author

Hi Axel, Thank you for your help. I had the workflow already figured out. At this point I am wondering how to fix the technical part. Would you mind to share the code you wrote for this solution?

Sorry but that was a very big variability for a client and it's very difficult to extract that specific behavior from the various modules and extensions(I enter to fix some stuffs from others teams in that and others functionalities) and also was developed for v7, for v8 there was changes at warehouse management on Odoo