Odoo Help

1 Answer

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--

| 9 8 11
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
12/21/14, 10:19 AM

All users with less than 500 karma points have their links marked as rel="nofollow" so the search bots do not index their links.  It is helpful to have a record of posts that were closed as spam.  And odoo does delete the accounts from time to time.

Not saying it's the best way to deal with the problem but only that it is the current solution.

However I do see your point, even deleted posts are still accessible in Google. (I believe that these are before the nofollow tag was added)

UPDATE: Seems that maybe my wishlist issue #3460 might be making some headway. 

6 Comments
Zbik
12/21/14, 10:43 AM

I was looking in closed spam. I did not find there nofollow?

Stephen Mack
12/21/14, 11:34 AM

Confirmed that the nofollow code has not yet be applied to odoo.com Sadly...

Stephen Mack
12/21/14, 12:14 PM

The patch should apply to any link posted by a user with karma lower than 500. This one posted two days ago does not have the nofollow tag: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/63046/#answer-71100

Zbik
12/23/14, 11:41 AM

Today I closed the post, nofollow lack

Zbik
1/10/15, 5:54 AM

Today I closed many posts, nofollow lack :(

Stephen Mack
1/10/15, 11:24 AM

The nofollow code was committed to the master branch and not the 8.0 branch. Not sure they have plans to back port it. See GitHub Issue in my answer above.

Ask a Question
Writer
Zbik
Keep Informed
4 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now