Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Sorting of product names

By
Iming Chan
on 1/23/15, 9:07 AM 955 views

I'm trying to sort product names (in Warehouse > Products) A to Z or in reverse, but have noticed that they are allover the place.  Has anyone encounter this problem?  Have I missed something?

Iming Chan
On 1/24/15, 6:25 AM

Hi Pierre,

Our product list is all over the place, doesn't matter whether it is ascending or descending!  All our product names start with an upper case letter, so I don't think it is the cause of this issue.  The product list goes like this: A, T, B, J, B, T, R, O ...

Pity I couldn't attache a screen image or two, otherwise I would!

Iming

Pierre Gault
On 1/23/15, 2:47 PM

I observed that it sorts before uppercase then lowercase (or inverse). Exemple

1, 2, 3, 4, a, b, c, d, A, B, C, D

Is it the same as you?

Bruno JOLIVEAU
On 1/23/15, 3:19 PM

Each module can integrate its own sort method.

By default "product.template" don't have its own method and inherit osv function _order

By default this function, sort by "name"

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 1/24/15, 8:48 AM

Sorting is determined by character encoding of a postgresql database. LC_COLLATE - string sort order, see postgresql manual. Verify your character encoding. If your default character is eg. SQL_ASCII switch it to UNICODE.

Kelly Stuart
On 3/3/15, 2:18 PM

Not sure how it sorts by default but you can explicitly provide a sort order for each view. Activate developer mode. Then choose "Edit Tree View" and modify it to read: <tree string="Product" default_order="name">

Hope this helps!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/23/15, 9:07 AM
Seen: 955 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM