This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I've added the summernote text editor to a textarea. And when I'm logged in as admin it works, but any other user gets just a normal textarea. In the console there is:

error: Some modules could not be started

Failed modules: ["tabla_project_ticket_web.web_editor"]

The js code:

odoo.define('tabla_project_ticket_web.web_editor', function (require) {
'use strict';

var website = require('website.website');

$('textarea.load_editor').each(function () {
var $textarea = $(this);
if (!$textarea.val().match(/\S/)) {
$textarea.val("<p><br/></p>");
}
var $form = $textarea.closest('form');
var toolbar = [
['style', ['style']],
['font', ['bold', 'italic', 'underline', 'clear']],
['para', ['ul', 'ol', 'paragraph']],
['color', ['color']],
['history', ['undo', 'redo']],
['insert', ['link', 'picture']],
];

$textarea.summernote({
height: 300,
toolbar: toolbar,
styleWithSpan: false

});

});

});

Does any one know what could be the problem? In the odoo documentation Failed modules means that a javascript error is detected, but why does it run ok when logged in as admin? 

EDIT:

The summernote editor is shown only when the user has some website rights, editor or restricted editor. But I need to work this with only the Portal group rights. I've tried with the code from website_forum, but it doesn't work.

<template id="ticket_layout" inherit_id="website.layout" name="Ticket Layout" primary="True">
<xpath expr="//t[@t-call-assets='web_editor.summernote'][@t-js='false']" position="attributes">
<attribute name="groups"/>
</xpath>
<xpath expr="//t[@t-call-assets='web_editor.summernote'][@t-css='false']" position="attributes">
<attribute name="groups"/>
</xpath>
</template>

Discard

have you tried asset mode while logged in as user?

Author

The portal user doesn't have permissions to have assets mode. With the admin user I can see that the above template is loaded the same as on the other odoo instance where I have website_forum installed and every user sees the summernote text editor.

Author Best Answer

After checking everything and reading it's documentation I figured out that the problem is the primary="True" attribute. So it didn't remove the security groups attribute from the inherited template, but it created a new template from the inherited template that I newer loaded. 

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same problem. When I am logued with a website admin the editor is ok but I need it when the user is nos website editor.

Were you able to fix it? I have tried the edit in your post but the problem remains,

Discard
Author

check the permissions for the user. This worked for odoo 10 CE. Never tried on different version.