Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[SOLVED] Why button classes are not working inside tree tags?

Juan Formoso
on 10/20/14, 10:40 AM 977 views

I created a form, and in its XML definition I added a tree which is working. Each row of the tree has a button which is working too, but I am only seeing the symbol of image not found (if I open the browser's developer mode, I can check that the img tag is pointing to a picture called undefined.png).

However, if I cut the line of the button and paste it out of the field "link_category", I can see the image. Why? Here is my XML:

<field name="link_category" nolabel="1">
        <tree string="Categories" editable="bottom">
            <field name="active_category"/>
            <field name="link_category_id"/>
            <field name="type"/>
            <field name="date"/>
            <field name="observations"/>
            <button name="open_history" type="object" string="View history" class="oe_link"/>

"link_category" is a function field of type many2many, which returns a dictionary whose keys are partner ids and values are lists of link categories ids.

Juan Formoso
On 10/21/14, 4:16 AM

Finally I could not insert a button with a class inside a many2many field, and I do not know if this is possible from the OpenERP framework, so I got an aceptable solution using icon. This way at least the view is beautiful and the button is still working.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 10/20/14, 10:40 AM
Seen: 977 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM