Odoo Help

[Solved] Show only customers from res_partner

By
Siobhan
on 4/24/15, 5:38 AM 1,468 views

Hello

How do I get res_partner to only show me customers and not everything under res_partner?

From a tutorial it said to add this: domain = "[("customers", "=", True)]" to <field name = "res_partner_id" />

eg: field name = "res_partner_id" domain = "[("customers", "=", True)]" />, this doesn't work. It there another syntax I should be using?

In a many2one field, you could restrict the records shown by using domain in Odoo.

<field name="partner_id" domain="[('customer','=',True)]" > 

A similar case has been handled in Sales order, you could check the code in sale module.

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/addons/sale/sale_view.xml#L10   

Bejaoui Souheil
On 4/24/15, 5:57 AM

Hi,

The filed name to check with is "customer" not "customers"

First enable debug mode. Go to -> Sale -> Customers -> Sale & Purchase tab -> Customer. Find the technical name of customer field. Your field name in domain is wrong. You will not get any error due to the wrong name in the domain.

Technically the domain will be applied with a wrong name in it for the particular field "res_partner_id". You can view the applied domain in debug mode.

domain = "[("customer", "=", True)]" 
Siobhan
On 4/24/15, 6:24 AM

Hello 

Thank you for your help.. I was using " instead of ' in the domain syntax

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/24/15, 5:38 AM
Seen: 1468 times
Last updated: 5/6/15, 2:50 AM