Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[SOLVED]res.partner tables deleted, admin, all users lost. help login?

By
odimegwu david
on 7/18/13, 11:08 AM 1,499 views

I wanted to remove the default customers and partners that came with installing the apps in openerp when you load demonstration data. I went to res.partner field in pgAdmin III, view data, all rows, copied the first two rows, which rows are for company data and admin data, deleted all rows in the table through truncate cascaded command, and then attempted pasted the copied two rows in clipboard back into the table. Only one row could copy and that for the company data. That means i lost admin login and all other logins for the database. Can anyone help me out? Please, newbie to pgAdmin and openerp. thanks

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 7/18/13, 2:58 PM

I think that you have to create a new database with no demonstration data. That's the best way. If you have data on the other database then do the same, create a new database and copy the rows that you need to the old database.

NEVER EVER touch the database with pgAdmin if you don't know what you are doing. There are loads of relations between tables that can be affected.

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 7/18/13, 4:29 PM

I think you would rather re-create the database from scratch, creating a new database is faster than rebuilding everything you deleted.

Or you can restore the backup

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/18/13, 11:08 AM
Seen: 1499 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM