Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[SOLVED]removing default customers in openerp

odimegwu david
on 7/16/13, 9:01 AM 2,505 views

how do I remove the more than 50 customers that comes with the Sales app? And also the purchases app? And all other apps at once, so I can populate this view with only what I want to see?

| 7 8 8
Thiruvananthapuram, India

Working as an Senior ODOO developer. http://in.linkedin.com/pub/remya-r/69/a23/298

On 7/17/13, 3:51 AM

First the better option is you have to create a fresh database with no demonstration data

You have to delete the unwanted customers from PgAdmin.

1. open PgAdmin

2. select the Database

3. select the res.partner

4. right click on res.partner - select view data-view all rows

5. select administrator row and copy the row into clipboard

6. again select the res.partner

7. right click on res.partner - select truncate cascaded(it will delete all customers and their related informations)

8. then paste administrator row from clipboard

"Administrator" "en_US";1;1;"2013-07-02 09:13:13.845";"2013-07-02 09:13:27.178";1;"";"";0;"<binary data="">";FALSE;TRUE;"";FALSE;"";;"";;"";;;FALSE;"contact";"admin@example.com";"";"";"";"";"";;"";"";FALSE;"<binary data="">";"";"";"<binary data="">";"";FALSE;;"comment";FALSE;"";"";"";;;"";;"Administrator"

try to add this next to company

I cannot find res.partner. how do i get it, please?

odimegwu david
on 7/17/13, 1:30 PM

Are you using windows? Then you can find PgAdmin.

on 7/18/13, 2:10 AM

Went to options and checked it. Now, I have an issue. Instead of copying only one row, the admin row, I copied two; the first row which is company data row and the second row, admin row. I then followed your instruction in removing customers which went fine. The problem: When I tried pasting the copied rows in the clipboard back into the res.partner table, only the first row, the company row was pasted, and the admin row is now lost. Result: I cannot log into the database as admin. There is no user, no admin - the database is just sleeping. Can you help me? thanks

odimegwu david
on 7/18/13, 5:59 AM

Ok. Are you sure to copy the rows to clipboard? You can surely paste it.

on 7/18/13, 6:19 AM

See the updated answer. Dont be panic. You have to create a user in Pgadmin. It is very easy.

on 7/18/13, 6:23 AM

Easy for you, not me. The help doesn't even say. Please, tell me how? Thanks

odimegwu david
on 7/18/13, 10:34 AM

res.partner does not appear again.

odimegwu david
on 7/18/13, 10:39 AM

sorry, it still exists. nervous! decided to raise another ticket on this issue. I believe my issue should not bother you, remya. thanks for all the help. http://help.openerp.com/question/25093/respartner-tables-deleted-admin-all-users-lost-help-login/

odimegwu david
on 7/18/13, 11:10 AM

Hi David, i cant reply you yesterday. Did you mean your whole table deleted or only its data?

on 7/19/13, 1:53 AM

I will help you create a new table or to add data.

on 7/19/13, 1:54 AM

Sorry, i tried but was not possible. some fields refuse to accept data input. will have to go with the suggestions from others in the forum. start with new database and reinstall everything. will never repeat the mistake though. thanks

odimegwu david
on 7/19/13, 6:19 AM

if you are a developer, you have to know about how to create table,field through PgAdmin interface.

on 7/19/13, 6:24 AM

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 7/16/13, 1:43 PM

It seems that you installed the system with demonstration data. That's just to help you to understand how OpenERP works. If you want to have a system with only your data create a new database without checking load demonstration data.

You are right. It is the best solution.

on 7/17/13, 5:08 AM

Yes - there is SO MUCH demonstration data that you would probably spend more time deleting everything in the database than you would starting again with a new empty database.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 7/18/13, 2:00 AM
On 7/16/13, 1:31 PM

If there is no sales entry for those customers then

1. Go to Sales>Customers
    1. Select List view.
    2. Select the customers you want to delete by selecting their checkboxes.
    3. Click the More button and delete.

not possible. validation error from system.

odimegwu david
on 7/17/13, 1:31 PM
odimegwu david
On 7/17/13, 6:27 AM

acting on it ASAP

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/16/13, 9:01 AM
Seen: 2505 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM