Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[SOLVED] [meta] Not able to post comment here?

By
Corey Mack
on 5/22/14, 11:11 PM 4,564 views

When i try to post a comment here, it automatically goes invisible?

Yay I can comment. It seems you need a Karma > 50 to comment on other peoples questions / answers

Timothy Solomon
on 7/3/14, 6:48 AM

Please mark the correct answer

Timothy Solomon
on 7/3/14, 6:50 AM
Corey Mack
On 7/5/14, 2:02 PM

When i asked this question, it was a bug. Now its working fine [Others says]. But restrictions to comments for my own thread is a bad decision.

Timothy Solomon
On 6/30/14, 7:40 AM

I cant comment either.. maybe its linked to Karma?
-- edit It seems you need a Karma > 50 to comment on other peoples questions / answers

(also the "Convert as a comment" and "convert as an answer" are confusing and unpreditable - I dont see the point of them)

Oh I can comment on my own post.. thats pointless! :P

Timothy Solomon
on 6/30/14, 7:41 AM

Well, not necessarily, if you want to reply to a comment on your own post...

Thibault Delavallee (tde)
on 6/30/14, 8:23 AM

yes true.. but why can you post a comment on my answer but i cant comment on yours? it must be linked to karma levels - everyone should be able to comment on answers

Timothy Solomon
on 6/30/14, 8:26 AM

WTF.. I clicked "convert to answer" on your comment @Thibault, and it made it into a comment on my answer! you can effectively then delete anyone elses comment.

Timothy Solomon
on 6/30/14, 8:31 AM

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 6/30/14, 10:07 AM

@Timothy: I have already filed a bug for this with Odoo. I got a confirmation that they will be solving this very soon. I am able to comment on every issue and answer as well as other people's comments, so I suspect that it has indeed something to do with the amount of karma.

Do you still have the issue of not being able to post a comment ? If yes, please give more details on what works and what does not work.

Fanha Giang
On 7/4/14, 8:02 AM

need 50 karma to post comment is really pointless.

new comer, which is lack of knowledge, need 2 things:

- post the question.

- post comment to other question or comment to other answer to discuss something more, or give more info about the question. in that case, he/she don't need the answer function.

"Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. "

Janno Liivak
On 7/4/14, 8:30 AM

But what if I wanted to comment an answer? I can't do that. For example I posted a question. Someone answered it. I wanted to comment that answer and say that the answer is not helpful because the question talked about something else... but only thing that I can do is comment my own question or post an answer to my own question. Very strange restriction :(

Yes, it's definitely a bad decision on the level restrictions (you are able to do that when you reach 50 karma, at the moment). It will probably be changed soon.

Leonardo Donelli
on 7/4/14, 8:34 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/22/14, 11:11 PM
Seen: 4564 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM