This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have very much been enjoying customizing the user experience in the view by setting attrs based on the values of certain fields. But how do we check to see if the value has not been set yet? I haven't been able to figure it out

In the example below, this div is hidden if my selection field called x_sale_services_purchased, is set to any of the 3 values, but I want it to also be invisible if x_sale_services_purchased has not yet been set to anything:

<div style="background-color: #f0f0fa; border-radius: 5px; padding: 5px;" attrs="{'invisible': ['|','|','|','|',('x_sale_services_purchased','=','s_f'),('x_sale_services_purchased','=','s_web'),('x_sale_services_purchased','=','s_seo'),('x_sale_services_purchased','=','')]}"> </div>

The part in bold does not work (no error though). I have also tried 'NULL' with no success. What is the proper way to acheive this? I feel like I'm wandering into undocumented territory, although if documentation for this exists somewhere then please point me in the right direction! =) Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Victor,

Use your attr as like below.

attrs="{'invisible': ['|','|','|',('x_sale_services_purchased','=','s_f'),('x_sale_services_purchased','=','s_web'), ('x_sale_services_purchased','=','s_seo'),('x_sale_services_purchased','=',False)]}"

It will work.

Discard

Hi Victor, Have you checked with my answer ? Is it ok for you ? Have you any another issue in this solution ? Then let me know. If it is good for you then accept my answer. Thanks for that.

Author

Hello! I'm sorry for not responding sooner, I was pulled away from this project temporarily right after posting the question. I just tried and your answer - it works perfectly, and makes total sense. Thank you very much! I do not yet have enough karma to accept it as an answer (which seems like an odd design to me, seeing as it was me who asked the question) but I will add [SOLVED] to the subject and will come back when I have enough karma to mark your answer as accepted. Thanks again for your help!

Author

By the way, is this aspect of multiple conditions for attrs documented anywhere? I gleaned the concept of it off of various forum posts, and came up with my method through trial and error, but it is such a cool and useful feature that I assume it has to be documented somewhere