This question has been flagged
1 Reply

When selling a solution, I have a situation where I have combining products to make a solution.  How to combine products especially when one product cannot be sold without another?

Example, I have 4 products in my catalog: A, B, C, D

I can sell product A on its own.  For product B, I cannot sell unless I combine with products C & D.  I can however sell product C on its own.  Product D can only be sold with product B.

Discard
Author

Thanks Avinash

As Avinash told , set bill of material for the product B as product C and product D. Then also tick the "Ship this product as a set of components (kit)" in the BOM form

Author

Thanks Niyas. Does seem a little overkill to add another module IMO.

Are you telling that you dont want to use manufacturing module ? Then there is some other solution. In Odoo apps some modules are available for this, such as Bundle product, product pack etc

Author

Yes, Niyas, I don't intend to add manufacturing module. I have options that can only be purchased at time of manufacture (I do not manufacture, I am B2B and simply ordering equipment from other vendors). E.g. I buy a server chassis (prod A) with a video card (prod B) but I cannot source product B from the supplier as it gets built on order with the chassis. I do not have a many items like this but certainly be easier than having to always checking notes so you don't end up making mistakes.

Best Answer

Hi,

You can Handle this By Using Manufacturing Module.
Use the Bill of Material Option to Achieve This.

Thank you.

Discard