Odoo Help

Sitemap.xml created incorrectly with reverse proxy

By
Chris Z.
on 7/11/15, 9:54 AM 1,881 views

Using the fresh Odoo installation I configured website, all went fine apart from the fact that sitemap.xml is pointing to localhost:port rather than address defined at web.base.url parameter (it was defined after the website configuration). 

As a site effect each time I login as admin to the system I am redirect to localhost. I setup web.buase.url.freeze to True but is does not help.

I deleted  sitemap.xml from attachments few times other last 2 days but with no improvement.

The system is installed with reverse proxy Nginx.

Anybody has experience with this type of the problem?

Axel Mendoza
On 7/13/15, 4:45 AM

That's a problem of the running type of Odoo server(Gevent, Threaded or Prefork), they have the responsability of correctly handle reverse proxy headers like:

X_FORWARDED_HOST or X-FORWARDED-FOR 

and 

X-Forwarded-Proto or X-FORWARDED-PROTO

to correctly build wsgi environ. You still need to pass those headers from nginx to Odoo server.

Chris Z.
On 7/13/15, 1:08 PM

Indeed I did not setup that part in conf file. Thanks a lot!

I am having this issue. How did you resolve it. What parameter name did you put in the config file? The answer here is not clear enough. Thanks

Chidozie Kingsley Okonkwo
on 5/1/16, 9:55 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/11/15, 9:54 AM
Seen: 1881 times
Last updated: 7/13/15, 1:08 PM