Help

0

Site is not catching the database using dbfilter

Hi, I have example.com site that is now subdomain.example.com (had been renamed to that subdomain)


On my odoo config file I have:

dbfilter = ^%d$


The database name is example. As far as I know, that should still catch the database but seems that I can't access the site. Not sure if it's an odoo issue or if I'm missing something on my nginx configuration wich is this: https://pastebin.com/KJxbJPKz (this used to work when the site was named example.com, I made the corresponding changes)


I'm mentioning nginx because I'm getting the 404 error specified when accessing por 80 and not port 443 wich is weird since I'm accesing the site using https


I must clarify that the corresponding upstreams are defined and working (I have other sites working on that server)

Avatar
Discard
2 Answers
0
Best Answer

As a misunderstanding I tought that setting

dbfilter = ^%d$

will catch the database called example regarding of the subdomain name.

So I tought and saw some forum answers pointing that sub.example.com as well as othersub.example.com will select example as the database as it was the domain. But it works the other way. I mean, if subdomain.example.com is your site, and dbfilter is set as before, the database name should be subdomain and not example

My solution was to rename the database to subdomain and after that regenerate the web assets so it works prorperly now.

Avatar
Discard
0
Avatar
Paresh Wagh
Best Answer

Hi:

Make sure you have also configured the domain name that maps to the Website.

Activate developer mode and go to Website > Configuration > Websites. Edit the website and specify the domain name in the Website Domain field.

1 Comment
Avatar
Discard
Avatar
Juan David Hurtado
-

Thanks so much for your answer. As I can't access the site I manually updated that field on the database. It was empty. I also ran odoo from cli with `-u all` option in order to force an update. No luck anyway. I have the database selector disabled and it is showing the corresponding message: "The database manager has been disabled by the administrator" but not autoselecting the database.