This question has been flagged
1 Reply

In my BOM for a Product A, I require 1 x Item B.  My supplier ships Package C which contains 12 x Item B.  The supplier charges $26 for Package C.  Dividing the cost yields a cost of $2.166666666666666666666666666666666666667 for Item B.  Odoo rounds this to $2.17.  When I create a PO for 12 units of Item B, the line subtotal becomes $26.04.  So far, I have been adding an adjustment line to my PO in order to remove the additional $0.04 from the PO subtotal.  However, this is problematic when grabbing proper information for income/expense reporting.  Is there a way to setup a product template which would be Package C, so that when I receive Package C, my inventory for Item B increases by 12 for each Package C received? 

Discard
Best Answer

Try this:

Setup a Product C which has a Bill of Materials requiring 12 x Product B.

Create a PO for 1 x Product C and you will see on the Receipt Transfer 12 x Product B's.

Discard
Author

That did the trick. After receiving package C, I just have to run an Unbuild Order to update my inventory quantities.

That's not how I was suggesting it - there would be no receiving of package C - you would simply receive 12 of Product B. What version of Odoo are you using?

Author

I am using Odoo 10.0. It only lets me receive package C when receiving products from the PO.

The Bill of Materials for Product C needs to be of type "Ship this product as a set of components (kit)"

Author

Perfect. That is much smoother workflow, now.