Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Simple Public Survey on Website

By
Greg Moss
on 12/6/14, 8:12 PM 1,457 views

I'm working with the survey module. What I'm wanting is a simple public survey that I can just add to a menu on my website. I don't want to "invite" people and send out a bunch of emails... that is annoying to many. If I want to invite people to a survey fine... but I want the survey publically on the site and for people to be able to take it without providing an email, sending out invitations or having them sign up to the website. If I have to make people signup... I'm going to lose 90% of the people that would fill out a simple 4 question survey.

Any ideas on the best way to do this without getting into custom module stuff?

Another issue with the survey. I see no way to copy answers. If someone has 50 questions and all the answers are:

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Do I really have to type out those three answers for all 50 questions. Is there a built in mechanism that I'm missing to duplicate these answers?

All the best...

The Duplicate feature is available on the More menu for many components. Unfortunately it's sorely missing from the Survey. I think you can make a survey Public through configuration but I'm not sure how. Look to https://www.odoo.com/survey/start/odoo-documentation-32 to see a survey that does not require the user to sign in. I hope this helps!

Kelly Stuart
on 12/22/14, 3:50 PM

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 12/22/14, 7:44 PM

In order to have a link that you can send to anyone, go to Marketing > Survey > click on "Share and Invite" for the survey you want to share > Select the option "Share the public web link to your audience", then copy the public link.
This is standard.

"this is standard" More precisely: create a page on the web site like any other one, with a title etc... then copy the link as mentionned by Fabrice Henrion and then Save Create the desired links on the other web pages of your website in direction to this page.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 3/17/15, 9:36 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/6/14, 8:12 PM
Seen: 1457 times
Last updated: 8/4/15, 5:52 AM