This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hi all,

i have searched the web - and was not able to find an answer...

Is there somewhere a simple interface for callcenter agents to create new orders already available ?

The main interface is too complicated for callcenter agents - and i want a simple interface for them - to be able to create new orders (search existing customers, search for products, create customer, create order, finish order)

If something like that does not exists - what would be the best way to create something like that ?

• A web interface - which does everything with json-rpc
  • A module for openERP which does provide such web interface (is this possible to create a module which does not embed into the main openerp web interface - which can run standalone ?)

hope you have some answers

br, Wolfgang

Discard
Best Answer

An OpenERP module is the way to go, you might accomplish the same results with a web module, but I guess you will be more producting coding an OpenERP server module (IMHO)

Discard
Author Best Answer

Is it possible for an openERP module to run as standalone application ? About the standalone web interface - i was thinking about a nice interface build with php/yii and bootstrap - interacting with the openERP system with json-rpc. I was able to find documentation about the openERP 6.x API for RPC - but not for 7.0. As far as i have found answers - there is still the api available. Will it get obsolete - or why is it not mentioned in the documentation ? Or do i was too dumb to find it...

Discard
Best Answer

It is possible to hide all other modules from OpenERP ... sorry Odoo ;) with user access rights - so you might create a special group for your callcenter agents that basically hides everything in the menues that is not needed. Personally i woould always prefer to use as much of the API and the interface of odoo instead of creating my own. Just because its sooo much faster to work with the native interface. If you would need any further help just write me an E-Mail - By the way i am from Austria (Graz) and we even do have custommers next to Linz ;)

Discard