Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Sign in / Sign out by project: Project / Analytic Account is always empty?

By
Dragan Milivojevic
on 4/17/13, 12:56 PM 2,031 views

Hi all,

I'm trying out the v7 and so far everything has worked and it was easy. The only problem I have is Sign in / Sign out by project.

I guess I don't really understand how that works. I have created a few projects with tasks. When I do a "manual" time sheet entry with HR/My Current Timesheet or with projects task "Work summary" time sheet gets populated.

I would like to use "HR/Sign in / Sign out by project" so that I don't have to track time spent on a project/task manually. Unfortunately every time I try to use it, the "Project / Analytic Account" field contains only "Create and Edit".

On the demo database I can select some products but still can't select the newly created project.

I'm doing something wrong but I don't get what? I searched the manual, forum and this site and I can't find anything relevant to this issue.

Can someone shed some light on how to use this feature?

Thanks Dragan

Anything on this? Having the same issue.

Nicholas Linn
on 11/28/13, 9:23 PM

Same issue .... with the nighty version (17/02/2014).

Christian Lambricht
on 2/19/14, 9:59 AM

which version ?

Yug Faa
on 2/20/14, 6:31 PM

Version 7.0-20140217-002618

Christian Lambricht
on 2/21/14, 1:17 AM
Christian Lambricht
On 2/20/14, 2:14 PM

After some investigation, It seems that the "sign in and sign out by project" functionality supports only normal analytic account.... There are 4 different types of accounts (Analytic view, Analytic Account, Contract or project, template of contract) For my point of view it is a bug! Do you know if anybody created a bug report on launchpad about that topic ?

I've just created (22/02/2014) a bug report on launchpad [1283446] and I also post a possible solution.

Any updates?

Fnordbedarf
on 11/17/14, 7:13 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/17/13, 12:56 PM
Seen: 2031 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM