Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Shrimp Farm odoo application

By
Fredi Tansari
on 12/18/14, 2:56 AM 918 views

Hi guys, 

I've got some implementation work to do in a shrimp farm. Is there anyway I can count inventory used in a shrimp farm odoo ERP?

Here's the real business case application: 

a shrimp farm has a pond and it want to track how much of shrimp feed being used in a pond each crop cycle..

I'm currently stumped on this project. I cannot use sales since the sales module are being used for the shrimp sales business. 

Thanks in advance for reading and answers 

I think you need to explain a little more of the desired effect. For example: what modules have you installed? How do you know how much food was spent? Where do you get it from? What representation is there in Odoo for this process?

Ludo - Neobis
on 12/18/14, 8:24 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 12/22/14, 3:14 AM

This is a simple production process. You should use the MRP module to describe the process properly. You have raw material (small shrimps or eggs or whatsoever), you have work centers (ponds) and you have feed, which is also a raw material. You have a cycle time (production time). So just set up your Bill of Materials, your work orders and your resources properly, and you can track whatever you want, see https://www.odoo.com/page/manufacturing as a teaser.

Fredi Tansari
On 12/22/14, 3:03 AM

Hi there Ludo, 

The food was spent can be taken from default odoo warehouse module. I was thinking to setup Odoo as accounting application core. 

I have installed purchasing module, warehouse, accounting, and sales module. 

What would be the reason not to use the sale module for both the actual sales as well as the food sales? Also, what is the concrete problem you are running in on? I am pretty sure projects such as these can be done, but someone who knows the business well enough should create a plan and/or analysis on the current situation. Maybe there is an Odoo partner located near you?

Ludo - Neobis
on 12/22/14, 3:07 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/18/14, 2:56 AM
Seen: 918 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM