Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Show Workflow buutons only to particular users

By
Shaumyadeep Chaudhuri
on 7/1/13, 8:48 AM 1,180 views

I'm new to openerp and using OpenERP v7

I'm creating a module with a workflow concerning 2 departments. I want to display the approve and reject buttons only to the managers and they should be able to see it only when it reaches for their approval or rejection stage.

How can i do this?

Thanks

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 7/1/13, 1:18 PM

You only have to add a tag to your buttons in the xml view:

<button name="%(stock.action_view_stock_inventory_line_split)d"
                        string="Split inventory lines" groups="stock.group_inventory_valuation"
                        type="action" icon="gtk-justify-fill"/>

for example this only gives access to that group to see that button. Just add the group tag, you can see examples on the code.

Thanks for the reply but not exactly what i want. I'll give an example. Suppose there are two departments D1 and D2 and employee E1 wants to transfer from D1 to D2. He would need approval from both Managers M1 and M2 of the departments repectively. So when th M1 hasn't approved M2 shouldn't be able to view the approve button so i can;t just put a group because the manager would differ on a case to case basis, hope that makes it more clearer what i want

Shaumyadeep Chaudhuri
on 7/1/13, 1:21 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/1/13, 8:48 AM
Seen: 1180 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM