This question has been flagged
2 Replies

hi,

Its not about showing specific menu to a specific group.

I have activated the sign up functionality in my odoo 10. I have also specified a specific user whose access rights will be automatically copied to the user who signs up.

My problem is that I want the user to activate his account through proper channel. For what I am doing that I create a Boolean field in res.user. If this boolean is false I will show him just one menu on the top black header line which will be called activation. When he enters the code he received in email than that Boolean will get True value. and when that boolean will get true the activation menu will disappear and the actual menu will be showed.

How to do that. what domain,context or option should I apply to the menu. for specifying  a menu to a specific group we use groups="group_name".

If there is any other activation process in odoo please write me a help.

Discard

can you share your code ?

your mobile number pls

Best Answer

While users signup you can create menus and its related action for the user using Odoo ORM methods. I think the model of the menu is ir.ui.menu. You can create a menuitem record and its action after the signup process done. Other option will achieve it through js.

Discard
Author

Thanks Man...