Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Show Leave Request in Project Module Gantt chart

By
Glen
on 11/10/13, 12:59 PM 1,298 views

For a complete overview of all my projects and tasks, I use the Gantt chart. In this chart I also see which tasks are still unassigned. Here comes my question:

How can I quickly see which employee I can assign to a task taking into account their leave.

Would it be possible to include the Employee Leave days into the Project Gantt Chart overview?

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 11/10/13, 1:19 PM

Interesting question.

Maybe the simplest way to get it all in the same view is record employee Leaves as special Project Tasks: you would have a "dummy" Project for "Leaves", and have a Task for each each leave.

Now, do you have a good reason to track Leaves in the HR module? If not, problem solved.

If you do, then you could have some mechanism to keep HR Leaves in sync with Leave Tasks. The simplest way is to do it manually. If this is not viable, then you could create an Automated Action on HR Leaves, that would write on Project Tasks any changes made, on even a small module that adds this mechanism to HR Leaves ORM methods.

This would require some Python skills, though. If you're not comfortable with, and it's important enough, why might consider hiring a coder to do it for you.

Thanks for your reply Daniel. Actually, that's how I do it now. I have created a specific project called "Employees on Leave" and created one task for each employee that is on leave for a specific period. Now what if we turn it around and I would like to see who is actually available for a task in the same overview. Then you would suggest I create a task for each employee called "Available Henry, Available Sarah" etc? I might need some manual coding and advice on this matter. Can you recommend somebody to do this?

Glen
on 11/10/13, 1:22 PM

If you want to discuss further, you can contact me.

Daniel Reis
on 11/10/13, 2:17 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/10/13, 12:59 PM
Seen: 1298 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM