This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello all! I am trying to prepare OpenERP for our company. I have created a custom field in res.partner model. The field name is x_uin. I managed to add the field to the partner view, so I can input some information. I'm having problems adding the value of the column to the invoice's PDF.

Here is the code I am using.

<para style="terp_default_8">UIN : [[ (o.partner_id.x_uin) ]]</para>

I am sure that the value is not empty, because in the partner view the value is shown. The only problem is that it's not shown in the PDF.

Maybe the question is stupid, but I am newbie to OpenERP.

====================

Problem solved!

I have found out where is the problem. I was creating an invoice to a contact of the company. The contact itself doesn't have x_uin filled. When I changed the "owner" of the invoice to the company, the x_uin field got printed.

As a newbie to OpenERP, I wasn't careful enough when selecting the recipient of the invoice.

Thanks for all the answers!

Discard

You need to edit the report for you to see your field on the pdf print out. You have to modify the printout with a report editor (openoffice) see report edit in OpenERP.

Hi glad your answer is solved but dont type [Solved] select the tick on the answer that is correct

Author

I found the solution of the right answer a little bit too complicated, but it's ok at all.

Can you suggest answer on this topic please

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-print-the-custom-field-in-the-sales-quotations-87237

Best Answer

To print pdf report with your custom field. add below line in invoice rml file

<para style=""terp_default_8">[[ (o.partner_id and o.partner_id.x_uin) or '' ]]</para>

Hope it works !!

Thanks,

dsouzajoseph199@gmail.com

Discard