Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Should I use multiple companies?

By
Daniel Ems
on 5/6/14, 3:57 PM 403 views

Our company has a main location and four satellite locations.

The main location and the satellites each have their own inventory and max/min requirements.

We currently have a single chart of accounts with a code to differentiate between the locations.

A Partner can be a customer at one or more of our locations, for example if the partner has multiple locations.

Work on the same job is occasionally split between multiple locations.

Some employees will only need access to the database for one of our locations, but other employees need to access all locations.

So, should I set up multiple companies? Should I create a hierarchy pointing to the main location as the parent, or create a holding company with all the locations as children?

What are the caveats associated with multiple companies? I've tried reading through the docs on this, but I don't find them helpful for making this decision.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/6/14, 3:57 PM
Seen: 403 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM