This question has been flagged
3 Replies

My company is going to use odoo v8 to manage the business, and I am responsible for the project.

Since I am new to odoo/openerp  and lack of experience of it, i am not sure what is the good practice of developing with odoo.

My company has business of sales order, but the business logic is almost different with which in odoo originally. All products of us are services, and the list price is strict. Moreover, the workflow of SO is totally different. 

Should I extend sale module, inheriting and modifying the existing one, or just make a new module in such case? Kindly give me some hint. 

Discard
Best Answer

+1 for inherit the actual. Change what you need but there are a tons of stuffs there that you could reutilize and don' need to reinvent

Discard
Best Answer

hi,

You can go with extend the existing sale module and redefined your way for the workflow and for the service type product as you want.

Best of Luck,

Discard
Best Answer

+1 for inherit. You should extend the current modul to make it rich of feature and share it with others. Plase anaylise more flow process in your company and make neccesary adjustment. It will help in the feature to use more feature in odoo, such as integration in Accounting.

Discard