Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Should each task be defined and assigned to a single person?

By
Eric Yuen
on 10/26/16, 12:27 PM 62 views

Or can I assign into two persons, say Peter and David, once Peter has done his part, he can past it on to David.

For example the task is about "Setting up server infrastructure", so Peter is to setup the servers while David is a networking guy to connect the servers to the firewall.

Or I should create two tasks, Peter to setup the servers, David to hook those into the firewall.

Cheers.

Thanks Ray. Sorry that I don't have the karma to reply to you. 

My challenge here is:
a) Two tasks : David will know that he has work to do and get prepare for that. But I am still figuring out how to relate those tasks together (might be using tags) or even set the dependencies like those FS/SS in MS Project. I guess Odoo is more for agile/kanban way of working, so lack of those functionalities.
b) One task: the project looks cleaner. I could have a task assign to Peter for 20 hours setting up the servers and David for 10  hours to connect to firewall.

Eric Yuen
on 10/26/16, 10:09 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 10/26/16, 8:12 PM

If David needs to wait for Peter, one task where you (or David) CHANGE the Assigned To: will work best.  This way, David won't see anything assigned to him UNTIL Peter is finished.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/26/16, 12:27 PM
Seen: 62 times
Last updated: 10/26/16, 11:11 PM