Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Should a « service » product appear in the automatically created purchase quotation?

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 5/8/15, 10:03 AM 807 views

Hello guys,

If a create a sale order with a product PPP (stockable product) and I confirm the sale order, a purchase quotation is automatically created with the right supplier.

But if the same product PPP was of type « service », it doesn't appear in the purchase quotation...

Is it normal? Should the « service » products appear there?

We buy many services from many suppliers. So we need the service products appears in the purchase quotation, like the stockable products.

THanks for your ideas.

UPDATE #1

I don't understand that..

On some websites, they say to put the product PPP (type : service) with a procurement route at « make to order ».  

But when we select « service » for the product type, we can not change the procurement route. It is not displayed in the procurement tab of the product view form.. 

UPDATE #2

In the view stock.view_template_property_form, we can change this :

<group name="procurement_uom" position="after">

<group string="Procurement method" attrs="{'invisible': [('type', '=', 'service')]}" groups="base.group_user">

<field name="route_ids" widget="many2many_checkboxes" />

</group>

</group>

for  this :

<group name="procurement_uom" position="after">

<group string="Procurement method" groups="base.group_user">

<field name="route_ids" widget="many2many_checkboxes" />

</group>

</group>

This way, we can display the checkboxes to select routes, even if produt is of type service. But even if I select « make to order » for my service product, the purchase quotation is still not created from confirmation of a sale order. Grrr

UPDATE #3

In Warehouse->Schedulers->Procurements, no line is created for a « service » product. This is normal because a « service » product doesn't create any stock move. 

Is your service product make to stock or make to order?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/8/15, 10:07 AM

I'm not really sure of what you ask. You know, when a product is of « service » type, we can not choose a procurement route in his procurements tab... Do you mean the route for the product on the sale order line?

Pascal Tremblay
on 5/8/15, 10:53 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/8/15, 10:03 AM
Seen: 807 times
Last updated: 5/11/15, 1:45 PM