Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Shipping to Subcontractor

By
Robert Klüsener
on 4/22/13, 7:01 AM 1,812 views

I have a subcontractor to which I like to ship materials for production. As described in the OpenERP documentation I setup the subcontractor stock as an internal location (Physical Location/Your Company/Stock/Subcontractor Stock).

Now my question is how can I create shipment of material from my stock (Physical Location/Your Company/Stock) to the Subcontractor (Physical Location/Your Company/Stock/Subcontractor Stock)?

Hi Robert, I am facing the same issue. Have you found an answer ? Thanks

Jacques Besancon
on 7/1/14, 2:54 AM

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 4/22/13, 9:59 PM

You do an internal transfer from location to location.

Thank you for the answer. How can I make sure that the internal transfer starts a shipping process from one to another physical location. Means that warehouse receives the packing list and other documents?

Feuerwear GmbH & Co. KG, Robert Klüsener
on 4/23/13, 9:18 AM
Robert Klüsener
On 4/23/13, 9:18 AM

Thank you for the answer. How can I make sure that the internal transfer starts a shipping process from one to another physical location. Means that warehouse receives the packing list and other documents?

Jacques Besancon
On 7/1/14, 3:00 AM

Robert,

As I'm trying to do the workflow I can give you half an answer.

The routing solution from the Odoo documentation is not 100% correct, after you have added your routing to the subcrontactor location (chained fixed etc.) you may go to Settings > Manufacturing > Check "Manage manual picking". Therefore you can go back to your product and uncheck "Auto-picking" in the invetory tab. 

Then everytime a manufacturing is planned, an explicit shipping of raw materials to the sub-contractor location is planned.

However if its working great on the way TO the sub-contractor, I can't get it working for the way back FROM the sub-contractor. It seems to be a "bug/limitation" of OpenERP. Sadly...

Regards,

Jacques

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/22/13, 7:01 AM
Seen: 1812 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM