Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Shift Working Schedule

Acar Nila
on 3/12/13, 5:51 AM 4,427 views

Is it possible to make a shift working schedule in OpenERP Payroll ? Is there any example of that ?

Denis Karataev
On 2/13/15, 9:29 AM

I've found this module https://www.odoo.com/apps/7.0/hr_schedule/ but it's only for version 7, I need the same for version 8. This module goes with many special dependencies and has a lot of code so I guess it's not easy and fast to rewrite it for v8.

I need that too, it's sad to see there is no more improvement. Actually I feel peope devote more effort on paid Apps rather than community ones since the license has been changed.

August Doo
on 9/7/15, 11:26 PM
Simon Ondimu
On 6/15/16, 11:41 AM

Here is the community version for Odoo 8. There is also one for  Odoo 9.

No, this is not true. You have to read carefully, the module is not ported, neither to 8.0 nor 9.0.

Ermin Trevisan
on 6/26/16, 9:41 AM
Acar Nila
On 3/27/13, 5:03 AM

After looking at the hr module I found that it was impractical to handle a working shift schedule on OpenERP. It should be an additional module to do that. The hr module count the working day base on weekly schedule meanwhile a shift working schedule usually doesn't fit in one week duration. For several employee we can do it by making every day in a week as a working days and than encode every employee day off during the month's and then create a rule for that purpose. But if it should cover hundred or thousand's employee I think nobody willing to do that. I hope somedays it will be additional module for that purpose.

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 3/12/13, 9:36 AM

There is not example but you can do using working time and salary rules combination.

Regards, Mustufa

Is working time the same as working schedule ? As long as I know, working schedule could not acomodate a schedule that didn't fit in one week duration. Or did you know how to create a working schedule that did not fit in one week duration ?

Acar Nila
on 3/13/13, 5:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 3/12/13, 5:51 AM
Seen: 4427 times
Last updated: 6/15/16, 11:41 AM