Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Setting up MRP to manually pick raw materials from specific locations before production can start

By
anton
on 5/2/13, 12:10 PM 1,816 views

Hello everybody,

i am new to openerp and i have a problem.

i am trying to configure the system the following way.

EXAMPLE Input: Production order 10 Computers (Raw material: Hardware and Software)

1) the employee in the warehouse gets a notice, that imforms him that Hardware and Software ist needed in the production

2) the employee prints out a picking list. it contains information about the warehouse coordiantes and required the quantity of Hardware and Software.

3) after the hardware and the software is delivered from the warehouse to the production. the employee in the production has to confirm it and then start to assemble the computer.

i think the solution might be really easy, since the openerp system offers so many options.

thank you for your help anton

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 5/2/13, 2:16 PM

setup your product "Computer" with Supply Method = Produce.

Create a Bill of Materials = Software, Hardware.

Make sure your software and hardware are setup in locations that give your warehouse staff enough information to find them.

In Settings/Manufacturing, turn "Manage manual picking to fulfill manufacturing orders" ON.

Hide the buttons to start/produce a manufacturing order until the picking is processed.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/2/13, 12:10 PM
Seen: 1816 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM