Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Setting up complicated categories in v7?

By
Test User
on 4/2/14, 6:01 PM 888 views

I have a problem with how categories are handled in OpenERP and I need to figure out what I need to do.

So if my categories are:

All Products
--Phones
---Smart Phones
----Android
----iOS
----Windows
---Feature Phones
--Tablets
---Android
---iOS
---Windows

The Android, iOS, and Windows categories are the same for both Smart Phones and Tablets, but the tree structure won't let me set it up that way. It wants Tablets->Android different than Smart Phones->Android.

When a user clicks "Android" I want it to display all Smart Phones and Tablets in the list unless they have previously sorted by one of the other categories. In this way, there is no way to show all Android Devices without filtering for one of the other filters first.

If I try to set it up the other way around, then I have three sets of Tablets under Android->Tablets, iOS->Tablets, etc. There does not appear to be a way to set this process up in v7?

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 4/2/14, 10:23 PM

Hi;

Maybe, you need this module

Seems like it could work. Thanks.

Test User
on 4/2/14, 11:47 PM

This appears to have no practical functionality. It adds the tab for Extra Categories, but apply a category using this feature is done in name only. It adds no other expected functionality. For example, when filtering the products by category, the products only appear in the results for the official OpenERP category. They do not appear in the second category as expected. It appears if you are not using their Magento integration, this module does very little on the OpenERP side.

Test User
on 4/3/14, 7:17 PM

Second this doesn't seem to work without any Magento integration module.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 8/8/14, 2:54 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/2/14, 6:01 PM
Seen: 888 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM