Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Setting for Account Stock Properties?

By
David
on 7/12/13, 7:53 AM 1,053 views

I have a series of products that are set to "Produce". The costing method is set to Standard Price and the BOM with routing is created. The CoA has a manufacturing account (I've put it in the P&L under Cost of Sales) that will capture all the production costs which will be offset by the difference between the Standard Price and the Raw Material cost on the Manufacturing order. So I have: Standard Price ($100) = Raw Material Cost ($20) + Overhead Recovery ($80) When the Manufacturing Order is complete I should have: 1. A balance sheet item of Raw Material Stock reduced by $20 2. A balance sheet item of Finished Stock increased by $100 3. A P&L item of overhead reduced by $80 So to achieve these results I assume I need to set the Account Stock Properties (under product or category). My logic is that on the Raw Material I should set the Stock Output Account to reduce the Raw Material stock account, then on the Finished Stock I should set the Stock Input Account to increase the Finished Stock account but how do I allocate the difference of $80 to recovery my overheads?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/12/13, 7:53 AM
Seen: 1053 times
Last updated: 5/10/15, 8:40 AM