Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Setting default timezone when new customer register on website?

By
ypan
on 3/30/15, 10:53 PM 987 views

When new customer register on website, the timezone default is UTM, I want setting default UTM + xx. Please help me!

Thanks for reading!

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)

--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--
| 5 6 8
Paris, France
--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

Forum contributor since 2008

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
On 3/31/15, 6:33 PM

Hi,

go to the top right menu "administrator"  (where you can log out too), push section  "about odoo", in the opened wizard, at the top right push "activate developer mode", close the wizard.

Go to a user form, in notebook for field timezone, change the timezone value, save, change a second time value with Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh and save.

now on the top left of the form, push button "debug view", in the list choose "set defaults", in the new opened wizard, for field "default", choose in the list "Timezone = Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh", select other field "all users" and save. Now your next created user will have Timezone = Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh as default value.

see this example with pictures :

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/default-field-value-of-a-form-view-45265

Bye

ypan
On 3/31/15, 9:52 PM

Thank you Cyril Gaspard for reply. My timezone is Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh, but I don't now how to make your tutorial with commando in ubuntu. Can you help me?

Hi, I update my answer which explain how to set a default value by using interfaces (without coding). Bye

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
on 4/1/15, 6:03 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/30/15, 10:53 PM
Seen: 987 times
Last updated: 4/2/15, 6:07 PM