This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Dear all,

Please help me in this case

I tried to set up 2 companies: CPA and CPB. I also defined two COAs for them. 

But the problem is

1. How to define one master data (product, categories, maybe tax account) that will be used for both companies?

2. How to get corresponding account for each company once do the transaction? 

Eg: CPA make PO buy product for company A then the accounts and taxes will automatically take from the COA of CPA. If i make PO buy product for company B then the accounts and taxes will automatically take from the COA of CPB.

If anyone has encountered on this scenarios please help. Any comment be appreciated.

Discard

What is the relationship between the companies? Mother and daughter, or other? For example you answer... product in company CPA is visible in CPB? product in company CPB is visible in CPA?

Author

Dear zbik Sorry for late reply. 1. I set the relationship between two companies is parent and child. 2. the product will be shown in both companies ( global product). Eg once i login to the system as the role of CPA and make an order for product A then the accounts of CPA will automatically be selected

Best Answer

1) The master data: products, categories are global

2) Accounts in categories (all accounts) are per company, (login as user CPA and set accounts, in next step login as user CPB and set accounts again.

3) Taxes are per company, in products they should be defined as double (one for company CPA other for company CPB)

4) When user login as child comapny user CPB, all should be defined as standard.

5) Warehosues/Locations dedicated to company

6) If taxes names for example: in company CPA = TAX-A 10%, in company  CPB =  TAX-B 10%, if you login as user CPA, on product you see both TAX-A 10%,TAX-B 10%. If you login as user  CPB you see only  TAX-B 10%

7) For company CPA you define AUTOMATIC fiscal position, and map all taxes CPB to CPA taxes

Hope this help you.

Discard