This question has been flagged
2 Replies

We are a soil and fertilizer company who has used Odoo EE in the past but have moved on.  We are evaluating Odoo again as we don't think we are getting our money's worth with our current solution.

We have a batch mixing machine for soil and only produce set qty's of finished goods depending on the blend.  

With Odoo BOM's you can specify the qty of the finished good.  Is there a way to force the MO to manufacture the qty specified in the BOM?  I'll give an example..

The BOM has a component list that makes up 12yds of the finished good.  If I create a MO for a qty of 1 can Odoo force a MO with a qty of 12?  Or if I have an order for 120yds (which requires 10 batches) can it split into 10 MO's.

I am open to any solution or apps  that may help.

Thanks in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

It sounds like you only want to mix soil and/or fertilizer in large batches so as not to waste the capacity of the machine.

Perhaps this configuration will work:

1. Make Soil a Stockable Product with a Reordering Rule.  MIN is the smallest amount you will make, MAX is how much room you have to store the product and QUANTITY MULTIPLE is in this case the same as MIN:

This tells Odoo you don't want to ever procure (in your case make) a batch smaller than 12 yards.  With a QUANTITY MULTIPLE of 12, you will only ever get asked to make 12, 24, 36, 48, etc.

Bill of Materials:

MO after the first Sale of 12 yards (nothing in stock at all):

Note that Odoo wants to make 120 (to keep) and 12 (to sell).

With this setup, MO's are only created when you run the scheduler (usually daily, or perhaps before a shift change).  They will be for the projected demand - uncluding demand for all confirmed Sales since the scheduler was last run.

You can also set the MIN to 0 if your goal is to have NOTHING in stock, and still be told to make a new batch when needed.  In this case, if someone orders 5 yards and you have none in stock, you will still be asked to make 12.

Discard
Author

Beautiful solution Ray. Have you worked with a soil company before or did you create these examples on the fly?

Examples created just for you Kyle!

Best Answer

Have you tried with UoM setting as a batch ?

New UoM : Batch12

Final Product configuration :

UoM : Units

BOM set 1 batch needs x components

Now create MO and finish, if you can see in inventory you can see 12 units produced.

Your another question for splitting not available in default odoo.

Discard