Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Set default values for dynamic fields

Paul Catinean
on 6/26/13, 1:41 PM 1,784 views

When creating a dynamic view with dynamic fields (by inheriting fields_get) and then placing them inside the view by inheriting fields_view_get, how does one set the default values for these fields?

I tried overriding def default_get() with no success.I updated the fields_list manually (fields are not in here if they are created dynamically) and updated the result of the parent method, nothing has effect

Any suggestions please?

did you manage to figure this out by any chance? I'm on your exact problem.

on 11/6/13, 2:05 PM

I'm sorry Drew I'm afraid I didn't, it has been a long time ago but still no solution was found to what I remember.Most people keep saying that it should work with default_get but idk...vote the question up so it gets more attention

Paul Catinean
on 11/7/13, 6:16 AM

that's too bad because what seems to be a simple task should be equally easy to point out (if it's just "default_get"). I find that the OpenERP community is quite poor, even secretive in some cases since companies make money on the services and "spread the knowledge" isn't entirely within their scope. I find the best route is to actually go into the OpenERP code and figure it all out, but in some cases you want to go a completely unique route.

on 11/7/13, 12:39 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 6/26/13, 1:41 PM
Seen: 1784 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM