This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi Odoo experts,

I am an Odoo beginner. I noticed the default language is set to English (US), I have added English (AU). I would like to make (AU) the default langage when adding new users, customers, etc. However, I am not able to find any settings to default it to (AU), and we have to keep remembering to change the language preference.

I also tried to deactivate English (US) but it kept prompting me the warning even though I have changed all the users/entities to (AU):

Ideally, I would like to keep both (US) and (AU) active if there is a way to select which one is the default.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Discard
Author

Perfect!! Thank you both Kiran and Ricardo, geniuses think alike. :)

Worked like a charm.

Cheers

SN

Best Answer

Hi Sam,

A way to do that is:

- Under Settings > Activate the developer mode

- Go to Technical > User-defined Defaults > Language (res.partner) and set to "en_AU"
And the language of new users will be Australian English (or any other desired language).

BR

Ricardo

Discard

same answer at about the same time, should I delete my answer?

No need to delete your answer brother :)

Best Answer

Activate Developer Mode 

Settings > Technical > Actions > User defined Defaults

From here you can set default language 

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Odoo Maestros, 

I m also very beginner. As I m french, I try to find informations in the french version. I also want to put the french as a default language. In setting I found the activate developper mode, but then couldn t find the tecnical. Could you tell where to look please? or an image maybe? many thanks for your help

Cedric Casanova

Discard

you need to have access to "Extra Rights/Technical Features". Check the appropriate group under "User & Companies"->Groups in the settings. Deveolper mode needs to be activated to see this menu item. There you can add the user to this group. The Administrator of the db should have this rights by default. Probably you won´t have access to the menu item groups wihtout the technical exra rights... Not sure right now... But you can overcome this problem by becoming superuser... Developer mode->click icon left to the discuss bubble in the top bar and click become super user... now you should see the proper menu items...