Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Set a notebook page invisible in inherited view

on 7/10/13, 1:50 AM 6,051 views

Hi all,

I am trying to customize the Product view via inherited view. Currently, there are a few tabs in the Product page: Information/Procurements/Inventory/Sales/Accounting.

We do not need the Sales for now. To avoid the users' confusion, I would like to hide the tab. At first, I tried to delete the page, the system gives error as it seems that other page calls for some information from this tab. Hence I am not able to delete the page. Thus I am thinking whether it's possible to hide the page. I tried to use invisible =1 in the editing tags, but it did not work. Please kindly advise how I could achieve this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

<record model="ir.ui.view" id="moleac_product_form_view">
        <field name="name">Product Inherited View</field>
        <field name="model">product.product</field>
        <field name="inherit_id" ref="product.product_normal_form_view" /> 
            <field name="arch" type="xml">
                    <!--Edit Tab Sales-->
                    <xpath expr="/form/sheet/notebook/page[@string='Sales']" invisiable="1"/>   

This is the final solution:

<record model="ir.ui.view" id="view_partner_form_jolibelle2">
        <field name="name">res.partner.form.jolibelle2</field>
        <field name="model">res.partner</field>
        <field name="inherit_id" ref="base.view_partner_form" />
        <field name="arch" type="xml">
            <page string="Sales & Purchases" position="attributes">
                <attribute name='invisible'>1</attribute> 

And in this way, it works....

Even cleaner would be to use the page name in place of the string. page string is depracated in Odoo V9 and would cause errors.

on 12/8/15, 5:56 AM

in not sure about this but try this if this works. After your <data> tag.. call the page..

<page string="Sales" invisible="1"">..

just try if you want, i think you dont need the xpath to do that..

I tried with the code before using xPath. unfortunately it did not work for me. It gave validate error:Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture! . thanks anyway!  I tried to use replace in the parent tag, then invisible as attribute in the child tag.. but it did not work

on 7/10/13, 4:16 AM

how about use the field name after page string invisible.. ur one2many, or many2one field.. inside that page.. it works when i tried it <field name="one2many field inside the page " invisible="1"">..

Lady Sharmane Udtuhan
on 7/10/13, 6:48 AM

thx a lot for trying to help! Finally I found a way to make it work! :] <page string="Sales" position="attributes"> <attribute name='invisible'>1</attribute> </page>

on 7/10/13, 7:21 AM

sorry if i didnt help you :(

Lady Sharmane Udtuhan
on 7/10/13, 7:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/10/13, 1:50 AM
Seen: 6051 times
Last updated: 8/12/16, 5:40 PM