Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

service delivery generates delivery order

By
Peter
on 9/25/14, 9:42 AM 1,281 views

Hello,

I am selling services to customers. Since I need to make an appointment for each service delivery I would like create a sales order with a service product and a specific timestamp. As soon as I confirm this order I would like to have a delivery order with the respective timestamp which I can view and process in my calendar for planning my day. Is that possible at all? It is easy for tangible products, since the delivery order is created right away, but selling service does not generate a delivery order and while creating a sales order I cannot add a timestamp, just a date. I'd be happy to discuss this aspect a bit broader as well in order to check the capabilities of odoo in the service business domain.

Anyone got some experience with this? Best case would be to be able to administrate all daily jobs via time-specific delivery order or does anyone know a better way to handle service sales with time appointment?

thanks for any hint.

Peter

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 9/25/14, 10:12 AM

I think your wish requires customisation by some partner. You can get quite far with ordinary Odoo behaviour. For instance, on a product itself you can tell it to create a task (there is an option for that) which creates tasks for you when confirming the order. So if your order contains the product "Maintenance" (of type service) and an amount, then after confirming the order a task called Maintenance will be created, spanning the amount provided on the order line as duration. This task can be messed around with so it automatically ends up on a calendar. Time-specifics would be the only other aspect to develop I suppose.

Side-note: A service type product does not affect stock and therefor never creates any stock move, including delivery orders.

thanks for your answer, this sounds quite good, the extension for the timestamp should be not too much effort. I just tried to find this option, but couldn't find it anywhere. There is an option in the project management, generate tasks from sales orders, but i couldn't find anything in the product masterdata as counterpart to enable this task generation. Any ideas?

Peter
on 9/25/14, 11:28 AM

ok i actually got that working, quite easy. So the timestamp issue ist yet to be solved but I guess I can manage that

Peter
on 9/25/14, 11:31 AM

Good to hear, and yes, I was confused about the location of the boolean. Glad you found it nonetheless.

Ludo - Neobis
on 9/26/14, 4:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/25/14, 9:42 AM
Seen: 1281 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM