Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

server side or client side install

By
David Dieterle
on 1/6/14, 4:59 PM 547 views

I just downloaded OpenERP and wanted to test it. I am planning to install on our web hosting server.

Do I need to install the Server side or the Client side?

Please let me know at your convenience.

Thank you

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 1/6/14, 5:12 PM

You need to install openerp-server on your server. On the other hand, users will use their browser as the client to access the application.

As you can tell, i'm a newbie.

Is this correct: I need to install OpenERP server side on my server then I can access OpenERP via a web browser.

David Dieterle
on 1/6/14, 6:22 PM

Yes. But, if this already sounds obscure to you and that you will use OpenERP for business-critical tasks, I suggest to go on OpenERP Online. You will not become a system administrator overnight...

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 1/6/14, 7:36 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/6/14, 4:59 PM
Seen: 547 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM