Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Server disconnects sessions rather than logging them out during server shutdown

Mohamed Alsagoff
on 4/16/15, 5:31 AM 390 views

The problem initially was because i wasn't able to duplicate my odoo v8 database. Gave an error saying there are users are still connected. But everytime i login, i remembered to logout.

So when i tried to restart the postgresql server, it said

postgresql could not be stopped
pg_ctl.bin: server does not shutdown
Hint: The "-m fast" option immediately disconnects sessions rather than waiting for session-initiated disconnection.

Now that i tried again, the number of users connected keep growing, even though i log out every time.

installed Odoo v8 as part of Bitnami Stack in LinuxMint 17.Thanks

is there a way to solve this issue?
How do i logout connected users manually?

Does anyone know how do i stop the postgresql server manually?

Mohamed Alsagoff
on 4/16/15, 9:54 PM

Try shutting down the Odoo service first, then once the process has fully terminated, shut down the postgresql service.

Brett Lehrer
on 4/16/15, 10:06 PM

Its very intriguing. Even after i shutdown the servers. reboot linux, start the servers again, before logging in any database, i can't duplicate Odoo, they said there's still connected sessions.

Mohamed Alsagoff
on 4/16/15, 10:13 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/16/15, 5:31 AM
Seen: 390 times
Last updated: 4/16/15, 10:13 PM