Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Server Action - Send Email

By
dave ellis
on 9/30/13, 10:01 AM 2,346 views

I have setup a server action against project.issue.

The email template being:

Hi,

Thank you for your request, please find below your original request. When replying back to us, please reply to this email,       otherwise potentially a new request could be automatically opened and could delay your request.

Kind regards
Time Service Desk

Original Request:

object.description

I have also tried:

Hi,

Thank you for your request, please find below your original request. When replying back to us, please reply to this email,       otherwise potentially a new request could be automatically opened and could delay your request.

Kind regards
Time Service Desk

Original Request:

${object.description}

To attempt to bring in the description field. But OpenERP seems to ignore the field tags completely. Am I missing something? As object.email_to works within the "to" field in the template.

Many thanks.

Mustafa Rawi
On 9/30/13, 12:07 PM

Issue Message (description) ${object.message_summary} Issue Summary (Name) ${object.name}

You may like to use the Dynamic Value Builder when you are designing your template. Find it in: Settings > Technical > Email > Templates. In the Applies to field, choose the document type the template applies to (Project Issue in your case). On the right side of the form, you'll find the Dynamic Value Builder, where you can select Field, sub-field and get the right code to use in the Placeholder Expression field.

Ah, this seems like the best way, thank you!. However how do I link an automated action to the email template? The automated action allows one method "email", but the form does not have the same functionality as the email templates.

dave ellis
on 10/1/13, 3:32 AM

As far as I know, you can't link it to the template. Just copy the contents to the Email Server Action.

Mustafa Rawi
on 10/1/13, 5:31 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/30/13, 10:01 AM
Seen: 2346 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM