This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have setup a server action against project.issue.

The email template being:

Hi,

Thank you for your request, please find below your original request. When replying back to us, please reply to this email,       otherwise potentially a new request could be automatically opened and could delay your request.

Kind regards
Time Service Desk

Original Request:

object.description

I have also tried:

Hi,

Thank you for your request, please find below your original request. When replying back to us, please reply to this email,       otherwise potentially a new request could be automatically opened and could delay your request.

Kind regards
Time Service Desk

Original Request:

${object.description}

To attempt to bring in the description field. But OpenERP seems to ignore the field tags completely. Am I missing something? As object.email_to works within the "to" field in the template.

Many thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Issue Message (description) ${object.message_summary} Issue Summary (Name) ${object.name}

You may like to use the Dynamic Value Builder when you are designing your template. Find it in: Settings > Technical > Email > Templates. In the Applies to field, choose the document type the template applies to (Project Issue in your case). On the right side of the form, you'll find the Dynamic Value Builder, where you can select Field, sub-field and get the right code to use in the Placeholder Expression field.

Discard
Author

Ah, this seems like the best way, thank you!. However how do I link an automated action to the email template? The automated action allows one method "email", but the form does not have the same functionality as the email templates.

As far as I know, you can't link it to the template. Just copy the contents to the Email Server Action.